Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Aunt Joyce

This is my Aunt Joyce who just recently passed away. She endured a LONG battle with scleroderma and fought with grace. It was so hard to watch her body wither away from this terrible disease. I know her body is free now and she is in a better place with no pain. She is the only relative close to me with an autoimmune disease. I felt a connection with her and I honor her today.
Of course this leaves me pondering on my own fate. Will I live to be 62? How many grandbabies will I be leaving prematurely? Will I be able to hold my grandbabies and be a part of their lives? Such questions and inquiries can leave you down and discouraged and I try to avoid them when possible. My visit to my rheumy today, along with a nice steroid shot in the knuckle, surfaced these questions and emotions in me. I come to my blog today trying to convince myself to focus on today and the beautiful things around me. I know this diagnosis is not the end and I can still enjoy life...right?
I am a religious person but initially didn't want to bring religion into this blog. However, I have been so uplifted by the scriptures and uplifting messages posted on others blogs. I find so much strength from you women who are choosing to stay positive and fight this fight. I don't know how anyone copes with something like RA without a bigger picture and higher power in mind. I recently heard an address on pain by Kent F. Richards who is a physician. He says "None of us is immune from experiencing pain. I have seen people cope with it very differently. Some turn away from God in anger, and others allow their suffering to bring them closer to God. As Elder Dallin H. Oaks has taught: “Healing blessings come in many ways, each suited to our individual needs, as known to Him who loves us best. Sometimes a ‘healing’ cures our illness or lifts our burden. But sometimes we are ‘healed’ by being given strength or understanding or patience to bear the burdens placed upon us.” All that will come may be “clasped in the arms of Jesus.” All souls can be healed by His power. All pain can be soothed. In Him, we can “find rest unto [our] souls.” Our mortal circumstances may not immediately change, but our pain, worry, suffering, and fear can be swallowed up in His peace and healing balm."
In honoring my Aunt Joyce today I also want to honor each of you enduring RA, scleroderma, lupus, fibromyalgia, etc. Keep fighting! Keep living!

4 comments:

  1. How sad. :( I can only imagine the thoughts her passing stirred up. Isn't it a relief to know that there is a day ahead for us without pain? Brings tears to my eyes just thinking about it. It is difficult to wonder if we'll be around long enough to see certain things come to fruition though. I just hope I'm not a mess relying on people too often for help if I make it to being an "old lady"! Hope this finds you and your family well today. Thank you for sharing your Aunt Joyce with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wanted to wish you a Happy Mother's Day! I hope you had a beautiful day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are some natural remedies that can be used in the prevention and eliminate diabetes totally. However, the single most important aspect of a diabetes control plan is adopting a wholesome lifestyle Inner Peace, Nutritious and Healthy Diet, and Regular Physical Exercise. A state of inner peace and self-contentment is essential to enjoying a good physical health and overall well-being. The inner peace and self contentment is a just a state of mind.People with diabetes diseases often use complementary and alternative medicine. I diagnosed diabetes in 2010. Was at work feeling unusually tired and sleepy. I borrowed a cyclometer from a co-worker and tested at 760. Went immediately to my doctor and he gave me prescriptions like: Insulin ,Sulfonamides,Thiazolidinediones but Could not get the cure rather to reduce the pain but bring back the pain again. i found a woman testimony name Comfort online how Dr Akhigbe cure her HIV  and I also contacted the doctor and after I took his medication as instructed, I am now completely free from diabetes by doctor Akhigbe herbal medicine.So diabetes patients reading this testimony to contact his email     drrealakhigbe@gmail.com   or his Number   +2348142454860   He also use his herbal herbs to cure diseases like:SPIDER BITE, SCHIZOPHRENIA, LUPUS,EXTERNAL INFECTION, COMMON COLD, JOINT PAIN, EPILEPSY,STROKE,TUBERCULOSIS ,STOMACH DISEASE. ECZEMA, GOUT, PROGENITOR, EATING DISORDER, LOWER RESPIRATORY INFECTION,  DIABETICS,HERPES,HIV/AIDS, ;ALS,  CANCER , TUMOR,  VIGOUR, HALITOSIS,  MENINGITIS, WAIST PAIN ,HEPATITIS A AND B,ASTHMA, HEART DISEASE, CHRONIC DISEASE. NAUSEA VOMITING OR DIARRHEA,KIDNEY DISEASE. HEARING  LOSS, CHRONIC GASTRITISDr Akhigbe is a good man and he heal anybody that comes to him. here is email    drrealakhigbe@gmail.com    and his Number +234 901 075 4824

    ReplyDelete
  4. As a sign of gratitude for how my husband was saved from Lymes, I decided to reach out to those still suffering from this.
    My husband suffered from Lymes and it was really tough and heartbreaking for me because he was my all and the symptoms were terrible, we tried various therapies prescribed by our neurologist but none could cure him. I searched for a cure and I saw testimony of so many people who were cured from Lymes , and so many others with similar body problems, and they left the contact of this doctor who had the herbal cure to Lymes. I never imagined Lymes had a cure not until I contacted him and he assured me my husband will be fine. I got the herbal medication he recommended and my husband used it and in one months he was fully okay even up till this moment he is so full of life.Lymes has a cure and it is a herbal cure contact the doctor for more info on drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com Dr Itua can cure Herpes,Hiv,Cancer,ALS,Copd,HPV,Lupus,MS,Diabetes, and other disease talk to Dr Itua on how to get the medication. Thanks for reading my testimony . 

    ReplyDelete